Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Ashik. Im the guy trying to put a DVD into imovie for editing.

Customer Question

Ashik. I'm the guy trying to put a DVD into imovie for editing. Handbrake encoded all night but never finished. My problem is NOT solved though I paid last night because it was so late.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You didn't accepted the answer yet, that means you didn't paid for my answer. Okay..did you tried all version of handbrake that i provided to you ?

Did you tried different DVD ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I used a different version of Handbrake (09.3) as you suggested. It went to the dock and opened fine. The DVD i used is the master. It plays fine on my machine. I have also "toasted" a copy of it. Could try using that but I don't understand how it would change anything.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can try this, copy the DVD into your Mac, When Handbrake asks you to select DVD, locate the DVD that you copied into your hard disk. Let me if that works or not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ashik, if I knew how to copy the DVD to the Mac I would have done it three days ago. When I put the DVD in the drive it opens to play. Is there a keyboard command to copy it and where do I copy it to? Desktop?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Its very simple, insert your DVD into your drive, when it automatically opens in DVD player, close it. Open the CD icon on your desktop and just drag the Video_TS folder into your dekstop from the cd. This will copy the dvd into your Mac's desktop. Then convert it using Handbrake
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I now have Video_TS on my desktop but when I try to open Handbrake it disappears from the dock. This is the same one I used last night. I'll try downloading a different version.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I downloaded a vers .9 and it is "encoding" again. Says he estimated time is 2 hours 40 minutes. If I remember correctly, that is what it said last night, too. Then it went on and encoded for more than 19 hours and still didn't finish. Dont understand why Mac, which is a media friendly computer, makes this simple task so impossible.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Handbrake doesn't support OS X 10.4, thats why you can't successfully use it. If Handbrake doesn't worked, you have to buy a third party converter to convert the dvd into iMovie.

You can try DVD Ripper for Mac and it costs $39 (Please try the trial version before buying). You can convert the DVD into high quality video formats like *.mov, *.mp4 etc.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Sorry that software costs $49....You can also try ImTOO DVD Ripper for Mac.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I downloaded DVD Ripper and it did convert the video but the audio was choppy. I am currently emailing their help dept to see why.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I realize you are going to bed now. I'm going to move on to DVD Ripper or something like that and see if I can make it work that way. Thanks. I am accepting your answers.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I can provide you a good tutorial for DVD Ripper, Which DVD Ripper are you using now ? ImTOO DVD Ripper or Aimersoft DVD Ripper ?

And thanks for Accepting my answer...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ImTOO was less user friendly so I will probably go with M DVD Ripper, the other link you sent. Though, I used their trial version and the audio was awful. Tried their tech support and nobody responded. I'm going to be in an Apple store today and might see what kind of converter they are selling. I will let you know and thanks for following up.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Before going to Apple store, try this also :
http://www.mp4converter.net/dvd-ripper-mac.html

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Same thing, Ashik. Video looks fine, audio is chopped and cuts in and out.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Which format/codec did you selected for the output ?