Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I went to a site and a window popped up saying that the site

I went to a site and a window popped up saying that the site I was trying to view may have malware. I didn't surf around on the site at all, just looked at the home page. Could my Mac now be infected?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Don't worry ! Those are advertisements for PC users. They give you a warning message like "Your Computer is Infected with Virus. You need to download this AntiVirus to clean it" or somethng like that. Its scam...its scam....because they want to sell their products to people.

If it asks you to download something, don't download it. If you downloaded it, you can't use it on your Mac. The suffix of the file that you downloaded might be windows executable file i.e *.exe and it will only work on PC and not on Mac. Macs will not recognize those file formats. The advertisers don't know that you are using a Mac and they thought that you are using PC. So don't worry, Macs only have small number of virus and most of them will not affect Mac if you do regular software update

No Virus can affect your Mac without your permission !

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks