Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hello my name is Brian, and Ive got a 15 Mac book Pro and all

Customer Question

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX Ive got a 15 Mac book Pro and all of a sudden my my preview proram wont open anything up and I can't move any of my files around as well as my itunes will not open up. I've restarted it 3 times, but nothing changed. I also noticed my movie icon dissapeared from the finder window and the quick search also no longer exsist in the uper main window by the date and battery icons etc... I've also had a few issues with Dash board slowing my computer down to a snails pace. What do you recomend?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Try the following steps....

Reset PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your iMac
  2. Locate thfollowing keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.
Restart in SafeMode
Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac bootup...

Run Disk Utility from the Installation Disk

• Insert the Mac OS X Install/restore disc that came with your Mac, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
• When you see the Spinning gear, then release the C key
• Once on the Installer screen, select Utilities/Installer menu and choose Disk Utility.
• Click the First Aid tab and select the hard drive icon displaying your Macintosh HD
• Click Repair disk and Repair Permission. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
• Once completed, quit Disk Utility
• Click on Installer Menu and reboot to your Mac Desktop

If all the above doesn't solved the problem, then you have to Re-Install your Mac OS. You can do a Archive and Install. Archive and Install will not remove any of your files,applications, settings etc. It just replaces the system core files with new one.

Archive and Install : Read More

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please bare with me, I'm still trying to do these things, so far the first two things have not worked and I may have to wait till tomorrow to get my start up disk.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Okay...please let me know how it goes...Good Luck !
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still have not gotten the start up disk yet. But here is what I gound, there is no memory availbale acording to what it says at the bottom of my finder window, but yet I can't put anything in the trash to make room so the other prgrams will run if that is what the problem is... I'm not sure how that happened. I'm sorry if I have waisted your time with this, I am just wondering. I will still pay even if you can't help me because I appressiate other ppl and their time. Thanks.

Brian
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
We can't do anything without the disks...if you want i will opt out and pass this question to other experts. And no need to pay to me if i'm not helpful to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sure I'll finish figuring everything after your help. Thanks Ashik, I would have followed your directions quicky and sent payment it's just been that I don't have the disk in my possesion and I will not be able to get it till I am able to walk again and that will take a few more days and I recieved a letter that you need pament soon and I am not knowing what else to do at the moment and I realize this is not your fault. Thank you for your time I am sending payment now.

Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Brian Biggs,
I'm very sorry for the delay...I will continue to help untill the problem solved. Just reply in here when you get the disks and we can continue.

And, Brian, Thanks for Accepting my answer. Good Luck !

Best Regards,