Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I know there is a keystroke to use when restarting to open

I know there is a keystroke to use when restarting to open my stuck CD drive in my IMac -- they one with the flat screen on the half-dome -- but I don't remember it.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

• Shut down the computer and start up whilst holding down the left mouse button. This may take some time, but keep your finger on the mouse button right up until the disc comes out.
  • If your computer has an eject button on the keyboard, restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and press the keyboard's eject button.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'll try the option thing -- sounds right. How do I get back to this to let you know it did or didn't work?
First try the mouse thing..it is the best and easiest way.

Just add a bookmark of this page or you can log-in to justanswer.com and you can access this question from My Questions tab and we can continue after you tried my suggestions.