Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I bought an imac it evidentially has an operating system called

I bought an imac it evidentially has an operating system called snow leopard. I bought an HP deskjet f4480 printer blah blah. They don't work well together when I want to scan using the HP provided software ...something like everything from can't find scanner to some kinda failure to initilize...some web sites say i have to not use the hp software and just use snow leopard...? the printer function works fine
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

Hi there,

The sites are correct. Mac OS X has drivers already installed for printing and scanning. To scan images in, launch the "Image Capture" application in your Applications folder. You should see your DeskJet listed on the left-hand side. Choose it and you will be able to scan from there.

Hope this helps,

Brandon

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok I did that..I have the device listed but it doesn't go beyond the trying to open scanning session alert thingee
The HP drivers might be causing issues. Please go to your Applications folder, open the Hewlett Packard folder and run the Uninstaller. When it's finished, restart the computer and try using Image Capture again.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this does not work

Just looked som stuff up and there are issues with the Uninstaller and Snow Leopard. Please download and install the Apple drivers so it overwrites the HP drivers. Before installing, please unplug your DeskJet. You can find them here:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/firmware_hardware/hpprinterdriversformacosxv106.html

After you install, restart, then plug your DeskJet back in. Try scanning again.

Brandon

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yup that was totally it. I never would of found that thanx