Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

i am going to purchace an imac desktop in the 21-26 range

i am going to purchace an imac desktop in the 21'-26' range for e-commerce. i would like to know which models are intel based and support fire wire. also which external hard drive would you recommend if i wanted to boot from it. any help would be appreciated and thanks
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

The new iMacs are INTEL machines and they also supports Firewire. Read Tech Specs from here

And you can go for any FIREWIRE external hard drives which also have USB Connectivity. I think INTEL machines can boot from USB hard drives and PowerPC machines can't boot from USB hard drive. I hope all firewire hard drives will work on Mac and you can also use it as boot disk. I recommend you to ask the seller about the boot functionality before buying it.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks