Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hi, I have an IMAC and the applications disk is stuck in

Customer Question

I have an IMAC and the "applications" disk is stuck in the disk drive. It will not eject. Can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

First we can try some usual method and see that if they can get the cd out.

• Drag its icon to the Trash can in the Dock or select 'Eject' from the File menu.
  • Shut down the computer and start up whilst holding down the left mouse button. This may take some time, but keep your finger on the mouse button right up until the disc comes out or the log-in screen has appeared.
  • If your computer has an eject button on the keyboard, restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and press the keyboard's eject button till the disk ejects.

Best Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Please don't post multiple questions, you can reply back in here.

What really happens when you insert the disks ? Does your mac freeze ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was able to get the disk out. Reinserted to try to start up(program disk) but it didn't work. what is the option key? control? Alt?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mac doen't read the disk.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Alt key is the Option key...

Okay..Is that is the Mac OS X installation disk ?

Is there any problem with other type of disks ?