Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do I Defrag my MacBooks HD

How do I Defrag my MacBook's HD?
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What is the problem with your Macbook ? Slow ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yeah its a little slower than when I got it. Granted that was March 2008.
I was wanting to know how to defrag because I am a Film student and I have been moving 30-90GB of raw video footage on and off of my HD and I know that some of my files have got to be fragmented.
Okay..try the following steps;

Reset PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your iMac
  2. Locate thfollowing keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Run Disk Utility from the Installation Disk

• Insert the Mac OS X Install/restore disc that came with your Mac, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
• When you see the Spinning gear, then release the C key
• Once on the Installer screen, select Utilities/Installer menu and choose Disk Utility.
• Click the First Aid tab and select the hard drive icon displaying your Macintosh HD
• Click Repair disk and Repair Permission. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
• Once completed, quit Disk Utility
• Click on Installer Menu and reboot to your Mac Desktop

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Thanks for Accepting my answer and the bonus. Please let me know if that works or not.

Best Regards,