Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

what mac compatible (easily)video camera can you recomend

what mac compatible (easily)video camera can you recomend for under $400?
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

What type of Mac are you using ? (Macbook, MBP, iMac etc)

Do you need this Camcorder for Professional or Personal use ?

(Your answers for my question will help me to answer your question)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
os-X 10.6
mac book
my daughter's band..low light
Does your Macbook have a firewire port ? Is that is new one ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is brand new. I don't know about the firewire...I think it does.
The new ones doesn't have a firewire port and no way to add one. The older ones have a firewire port.So Firewire camcorders won't work, so we can look for USB supported camcorders.

I will search for Mac compatible USB Camcorders and will reply back as soon as possible....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you...yes I would like it to be usb supported and easy to edit. Please have it use a memory card
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, i'm online. Searching, Comparing, reading reviews etc. I will reply back to you ASAP.
Thanks for your patience...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you

Forgot to ask..Which is your television system ? NTSC or PAL ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know where to look for that it is not under applications or my mac that I can see
No you can't find it on your Mac. It depends upon countries. In our country(india), we use PAL system and in USA, i think, they are using NTSC systems.

Just ask your friend's about it...because some camcorders supports NTSC and some supports PAL. I need to know which system are you using...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ntsc....I am in the usa
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess this is not going to work out. You can't help me. I was hoping you could . It is difficult to choose products that are compatible with mac and the ones on the apple site are not recommended. lease let me know if you are going to figure this out or not. My time is valuable.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, i can help you. I'm very sorry for wasting your time, apologies. And sorry for the delay...

I will post the answer in 10 minutes....
I found many camcorders which are supported by Mac OS X.

But i'm trying to find the best of the best. I can just give you a camcorder name, but i won't. I'm trying to find a good one which is worth the money....You know, i've been searching camcorder for the last one hour.

Again, i'm very sorry for wasting your time. Apologies...

Please give me 10 minutes...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay thank you:)

Okay...Here are is USB Camcorder supported by Mac OS X. This is a Standard Defenition Camcorder, not High Defenition.

Canon FS200 : Click Here
Supported by Mac OS X (iMovie)
USB HighSpeed Connectivity and Flash SDHC Memory Card
Retail Price (Canon's Price) : $299.99

This is the one which i can found (under $400). Please see live demo and try it from any local store before purchasing it.

I found some good Sony and other Camcorders, but i didn't found anything which uses Memory Card which are supported by Mac OS X

For More Camcorders which are Supported by Mac OS X : Click Here

Thank you very much for your patience !

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks