Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Help! i;ve spent all day writing a feature and it has gone;

Customer Question

Help! i;ve spent all day writing a feature and it has gone; i saved it several times throughout the day but it says it was last saved on friday. Please help! I am on urgent deadline! Lisa
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi Lisa , I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Are you using Word ? If so, which version ? 2004 or 2008 ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi Ashik. It is 2008
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hello Lisa,
Word have a AutoSave feature, which will save the word documents on every 10 minutes. If the AutoRecover turned on, the updated contents of the document should be saved on a temp file. So goto ~/Users/[username]/Documents/Microsoft Userdata/Office 2008_ AutoRecovery/

Search in there and also open all documents inside that folder. If you are lucky, you'll get the word document with all contents , If you can't find the documents in there, i'm sorry, the documents are gone..

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've tried that, no joy! i cant undertand why this happened today of all days!
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry, i think its gone...word usually saves a temp file with the updated contents of a document. May be Autorecovery function is not turned on or may be its not working properly. (Turn it on for future use, its under Word > Preferences)

Or may be the problem is with your Word. Anyway, just repair your disk and repair the permission with Disk Utility (~/Applications/Utilities/). It won't recover your document, but just do it.

I'm sorry, i couldn't help you to recover the document.

Sorry,