Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I downloaded an application from the internet and when I try

I downloaded an application from the internet and when I try to open it to install it wants to run as an flv is there any way to change this? I've never had this problem before.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

-What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

- What is its file format ? ( Right click (control + click) on the downloaded file and select "Get Info", from the pop up you can see its format/extension in the text box like example.dmg or example.zip ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My version is 10.5.8? I think (I'm a new convert) and the file is an exe file
Thats the problem ! *.exe files are windows executable files and it will only work in Microsoft Windows OS.You can't run Windows applications ( *.exe files) on your Mac OS X. If you want to run these files, then you need to buy the Microsoft Windows and install it on your Mac.

Again, .exe files won't work on Mac !

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks