Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iomega external drive is not being recognized by my iBook,

My iomega external drive is not being recognized by my iBook, running Leopard. Ir's been OK for over a year, until now. For a few days, there was a dialog box that said a device was removed without shutting it off. Looking back, that was probably the drive, tho I wasn't removing anything. Any suggestions? thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Do you have another Mac/PC to try the hard disk ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I don't.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Try to Reset PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your iMac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I reset the PRAM as you suggested, but it didn't help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Try to reset the SMU of your iBook and see if that helps

SMU Reset iBook : Click Here

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's OK today ....???? Something must have worked. The last thing I tried was resetting the PRAM - I also removed the battery and power adapter and let it sit for a couple of hours. When I reinstalled the battery and rebooted, it was fine.
thank you.