Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Ive just restored my Mac Pro from the original OSX disk, but

I've just restored my Mac Pro from the original OSX disk, but I did the unthinkable and forgot to backup my photos. Now THOUSANDS of photos are lost. Is there any way to access those files?
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you.

You said that you had restored from Original OS X disk. How ? Have you done an Archive and Install or Erase and Install ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello Ashik, I restored from my original OS X install disk and did an erase and install. I wanted to wipe my computer clean so I could start fresh. I grabbed some files and folders I wanted to keep and placed them on a seperate external hard drive but I totally forgot about my photos. :(
Bad News ! Really Bad News ! Since you did an Erase and Install, you can't recover your photos without the help of Professional Data Recovery Softwares. I don't think you can easily recover them by yourself. You have to send your hard disk to these professional recovery services. It may cost upto $2000 to recover the files, and they will won't gurantee to recover the photos. If the photos are very important to you, you have to pay the required price.

Anyway, try the following softwares and see if it helps or not. (Please use the trial versions)

1. Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery :
Download Trial or Download Trial (Download Page)

2. Data Rescue 2
(Download Trial)

3. Kernel for Mac Data Recovery- Macintosh Data Recovery Software (Download Trial)

4. FileSalvage 6.1.5 (Download Trial)

I'm not sure that you can recover the files, but its worth a try !

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was afriad of that answer. Thanks for your help Ashik.
You're welcome. Thanks for Accepting my answer and the positive feedback. First try the recovery softwares. If that didn't worked, send your Mac to Apple, may be they have the tools and they will help you. Good Luck !

Best Regards,