Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I have the q2 LaCie external hard drive which I am trying to

I have the q2 LaCie external hard drive which I am trying to setup but I cannot find the setup assistant hardware. Please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

There is no setup assistant.

You need to format it for Mac most likely.

Do this and get back to me:

Click once on the D2 icon on your desktop.
Go to the File Menu and choose Get Info...

In here, look a the second section down, and find the line that tells you the Format.

What is it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The format Mac OS extended
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok, That's good. MacOS Extended is fine.

So, Intego wants to run a Setup Assistant but there is none.

Did you install the Intego software? Or are you running it from the disk it came on?

Maybe it is the Intego installer it wants you to run?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got to this point because I was attempting to setup using Intego backup assistant which asked that the setup assistant be activated.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

But you did not answer the question.

Did you install Intego already? Or are you running it from the disk that it came on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am attempting to install Intego backup pro. On page 17 of Intego's Manual they speak of the setup assistant, but after further research I need to read further before I'll have an answer for you.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi.

The Setup Assistant is the Installer.

Look on the disk and see if there is an Installer icon or something labeled Intego Installer.

Double-Click that and follow the prompts to install the software.

When it is done, you may have to restart the Mac.

Then you will be able to use the Backup app.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sherlock does not come up with intego installer, but will accept your answers and do a further search to try and get started with my backup. Thank you
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Sherlock does not look onn the Installer disk.

What do you have that came from intego? A CD? DVD?

Or did you download the Intego software from online?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I checked the box in which the hard drive came in for its contents and one of the items mentioned along with the hardware was a setup assistant, along with several other software packages from LaCie. I do not recall any physical copies of this software so they must have been already stored in the drive itself.

Now all I need to know is how to get to them/