Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I had to completely erase my Mac Mini hard drive and reload

I had to completely erase my Mac Mini hard drive and reload the operating system. Now when plug my iPod into my computer iTunes will only down load the purchased songs on the iPod and not the songs I loaded from CDs. Also it says that my iPod is synced with a different iTunes library and wants to erase the iPod in order to sync it with the current iTunes. How do i get all of the songs I previously loaded onto the iPod from CDs into my iTunes before I let it erase the Ipod?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is DAn.
Here are a few things that are relevant to your problem and may offer a solution.

Let me know please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried the first one and it did not work.

The second option states:
"Note: While you can use the Transfer Purchases from iPod option under the File menu to copy iTunes Store purchases from the iPod to another computer, you can't transfer songs from other sources from the iPod library to iTunes, so you'll need to follow the steps below to use iPod as a hard disk to transfer music files from one computer to another."
The only way this would work is if all of the songs I want to load were on another computer but they are not.

I do not want to spend hours down loading songs from their CDs like I did before and all of those CDs are in storage in another state any way. So I am stuck now I suppose.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
I am sure that that is not the case as I have seen this before. All I have to do are find my notes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are some sftware programs out there that say they can do the job. Do you know anything about them and if so is there one that you have experince with that you would recomend?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Yes, there is and this is where to get it.
This is like syncing your pod but in reverse.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.