Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an older iMac with Mac OS 9.2. I have an HP c3180 all-in-one

I have an older iMac with Mac OS 9.2.
I have an HP c3180 all-in-one printer.

HP site only has drivers for Mac OS 10.4 on up.
What can I do? My computer does not recognize the older driver I have access to.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

I will recommend you to upgrade your Mac into Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger.

Could you please give your Mac's hardware info ? (eg : RAM, Processor GHz etc)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wish I could answer your question, but this is my brothers computer I have no access to it). I don't know anything else about it.
Mac OS 9 aka Mac OS Classic is too old and some printers doesn't work on older Mac OS X versions. Most of the printers, applications, games etc requires atleast Mac OS X Tiger or later. It is better to upgrade your Mac into Tiger, Here is the minimum system requirements for OS Tiger.

• A PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
  • Built-in FireWire (optional)
  • At least 256 MB of RAM
  • DVD drive (DVD-ROM), Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM) or SuperDrive (DVD-R) for installation
  • At least 3 GB of free disk space

If your Mac meets the minimum requirements, upgrade to Tiger and its worth to upgrade your OS. I don't think you can easily get the Tiger installation disks. You have to search them in online stores like e-bay or Amazon. I recommend Amazon.com

Just search for the Mac OS X 10.4.x or 10.5.x RETAIL DISKS and don't buy the RESTORE DISKS

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Thanks for Accepting my answer. Ask your brother about the hardware details of the Mac....I don't remember where to find the details in OS 9, but i think it would under the Apple menu > "About This Mac"

And your Printer doesn't support Mac OS 9 Classic...

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 11/2/2009 at 3:18 PM EST