Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

If Thunderbird 2 is installed on one of my Mac OSX computers,

If Thunderbird 2 is installed on one of my Mac OSX computers, will it effect the other two which are currently using Firefox's latest Mac OSX updates for e-mail as well as browsing ? (All 3 are connected to a Motorola modem via a Netgear router provided by Comcast)
I would think they still would receive their own signal as they do now, and not be affected by one being changed.
However, a friend(a Windows guy) said the other 2 would not receive e-mail once Thunderbird is installed on the 3rd Mac.
I am not a tech guru, so please set the record straight.
Thankyou for your advice.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Waht he is probably talking about is a feature that needs to be setup which is to leave a copy of messages on the server which will then make the mail available for your other machines.

To do this cna you open Thunderbird and select Tools from the top menu, then choose Account Settings from the drop-down list.

Next can you select Server Settings from the left window and in the Server Settings section of the right window can you place a check in the box labeled Leave messages on server then click OK and your mail will be available to your other machines.

Let us know if you have any issues

Thanks

Experience: IEEE, Microsoft
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Your answer was excellent, zI was simply waiting for a "tech" friend to come over and help with the on Mac install of Thunderbird 2, reading your answer to relate directly to him what has to be done to have other 2 macs still receive e-mail.
I will accept then. Plese be patient in this non techless world ofCustomer where creativity runs rampant, and technology does not.
My work is on www.richardnoe.com while you await your payment.
Thanks for your patience. No need to write again, as this install will take place
Sunday afternoon.(notee: "friends" of tech knolwledge are helpful to a point, but your service is most helpful to them if I have quesitons of doubt as they are technicans nor Photogpahers, and sometimes mislead or lose me)
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

No problem,

Let me know if you need any help on or after Sunday

Thanks