Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I have the latest Mac OX operating system (Snow Leopard, Version

Customer Question

I have the latest Mac OX operating system (Snow Leopard, Version 10.6) and have succesfully set up my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 to print, BUT the scan and FAX function are not yet initiated. I do not know what to do? What's the procedure given I have the aforementioned Mac configurations? Thank you and please call me if possible now: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

They may not work as expected yet.

HP has stated that under Snow Leopard, the fax and scan functions may/will not be available until they release more drivers.

Here is the Support document and your Printer is listed in the Print only supported section.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are the expert and I KNOW you are doing your job as a pro. BUT why should I have to pay $13 to be enlightened that my presumed printer/scanner/FAX does not support the latter two functions? That is not fair (and, I KNOW, not your realm).

Thus, I do not wish to pay the $13 and will contact HP myself in some other manner. OK?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

If you read what I linked you will see what I said. HP has posted that, not me.

You can call them, but you may not get what you want to hear. I cannot help that.

Your Printer will do everything it was designed to do. I never said that.

It is Snow Leopard at fault here. Not HP per se, although they have to provide the drivers to make it work, and not Apple, they are just upgrading their OS X software and not responsible to a degree for what Manufacturers provide.

I don't care what you do... take my information and time spent and walk away. Not my problem and not how we work here.

Just don't Accept.