Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Im trying to help my son who has a MacBook Pro running Leopord

Customer Question

I'm trying to help my son who has a MacBook Pro running Leopord 10.5.3 and he has an older version of VMWare Fusion and Vista Ultimate which was already installed in the machine when he bought it used. Vista Ultimate was installed within Fusion. He would like to uninstall both of these programs so he can buy his own legal copies. How can he do this since he does not have the original disks? Where can he go on the computer to find out which version he has of each of these programs since he can't even get into the programs to find out? Where can he buy an older version of Fusion and Vista Ultimate since Fusion 3 needs Windows 7 and won't run with Leopard 10.5.3?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan.
First there are a few things that need to be done before getting rid of VM ware and Vista.
In this order please do these things.
1) Repair permissions.
2) Update to 10.5.8.
3) Repair permissions again.
This link will be good for one day. Print it and save it for future reference.
Copy paste the link if it is not clickable.
Do the permissions repair and software update, leave Safari reset alone unless it is giving you trouble.
Let me know.
http://senduit.com/63860a