Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

Sup Dave... I have a Mac. A stock white Mac that I bought

Customer Question

Sup Dave... I have a Mac. A stock white Mac that I bought online for that whole college deal with the free iTouch so it has the standard operating system or whatever. Safari "unexpectedly" shut down on me while downloading about 15 albums of music. The download window was open on the side, it then closed when safari did. When I re-launch Safari, I re-opened the download window as well only to find all the downloads stop mid way without the convenient option of the little arrow to click-resume it. Now I have 15 half downloaded albums of which I can't seem to start up again... can you help me out??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

What happens when you right-click or Control Key-click on any of the names?

Do you get a menu? Is Resume a choice?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Resume is not an option. When i right click, a bubble comes up with "Open, Show In Finder, Copy Address, Remove From List" ... that's it.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Then you will need to delete those files that are half done from the Downloads location and start them over. You can also Clear the Downloads list in Safari so there will not be any duplicate names.

There is not much else you can do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's what I've been doing in the first place while i've been waiting for a response. That's all you can tell me?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Thats all there is. Nothing else can be done as they are just downloads and they simply cannot be restarted because Safari never closed the connection properly so it could just start again.

If it had not crashed, you would be fine.

Sorry, thats the only answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understand you did all you could do, however I agreed to pay if your advice was HELPFUL. Your advice was not helpful, I was left in the exact same situation i started in. If I asked you nothing at all, everything would have been exactly the same. I'm sorry but I'm not going to pay for receiving no help. =/
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
That is so confusing to people.

If there is no answer, but I spend 3 days researching and fianlly telling you there is no answer, then you think that is free.

If there is an answer, but still cannot fix it, like a part needs replacing, but I do everything I can to show you what part you need and how to get it fixed, you think that is free.

Why is my time and an answer you don't want to hear supposed to be free? There is no other answer. It cannot be fixed, no one will tell you differently. Why is that not an Answer?

It is your call, I really don't care. But why is it supposed to be 'fixed' to be an answer?

It can't be fixed is also an answer.

Oh well,