Nick B.
Nick B., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  16 year mac user. 13 years professional mac experience. BSD UNIX expert. Senior Network Engineer

I am running a MAC OSX Leopard 10.5.2 Is it possible to run

I am running a MAC OSX Leopard 10.5.2
Is it possible to run QuickBooks Pro, instead of QuickBooks Pro for Mac, on this system?

Judy Plumley [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick B. replied 6 years ago.
I think I can clarify.
The answer is "yes and no". If you want to be able to run PC applications on your mac you'll need to use either VMware Fusion or Parallels.
What this does is run another operating system (in this case windows XP, 7 or Vista) in a virtual state and allows you to run applications from within Windows there.
It's a fairly inelegant solution since you are basically running another computer within your mac, but many people do it every day for those applications that just aren't available on the Mac.