Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I had computer system problems and had to do a reinstall. I

Customer Question

I had computer system problems and had to do a reinstall. I have three d2 Lacie external drives (Two 200GB & One 500GB). After the reinstall none of the drives no longer mount. I use to mount them by just turning them on. I have never had trouble mounting them before as I recall. Is there maybe some software I have to install to make them be able to mount? If I can't get them to mount I am in real trouble because they contain all of my backup material.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
Can you tell me what operating system you are using?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Macintosh OSX 10.5 That is the system on disks that came with the computer. I was using OSX 10.5.8 before I had to reinstall and at that time mounting was working. But I have one or more of these drives when I was using 10.4, 10.3 and etc. As far as I can remember I never had any problem with any of the Macintosh operating systems as far as mounting. And they were mounting fine before this reinstall. I keep thinking maybe there is some software that I need to install in relation to the drives but I don't remember ever installing any before.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
Ok I am going to opt out and re categorize this for you so a Mac expert can help you.