Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

Good DayI attempted to install SKYPE.I filled in my email

Customer Question

Good Day I attempted to install SKYPE. I filled in my email [email protected] I entered a 6 letter+number password XXXXX I attempt to enter skype I am told the password XXXXX XXXXX Whe I attempt to conact SKYPE I am told my email address ([email protected]) is not in their system. Thanks! Donald
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Hello Customer and thanks for using justanswer.com

Have you tried using their online password XXXXX tool?

https://secure.skype.com/account/password-reset-request

Does this see your account?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Good Day,

As I mentioned, I HAVE tried resetting my password. To do this I have to enter my email address. This I did (several times). Each time I get back this precise reply: “Sorry but that email address is not in our records, please try again.”

Here is the route I followed:
Welcome to Skype

Whe I entered user name and password XXXXX get "Can's sign in Wrong Password'

The I go to:
Change your password XXXXX three easy steps. This helps to keep your new password XXXXX

* Fill in your email address below.
* We’ll email you a temporary code.
* Use the code to change your password XXXXX our secure website.

Enter your email address

Type in the email address you used when you registered with Skype. Then we’ll email a code to this address. (I did this)

I get “Sorry but that email address is not in our records, please try again."
So - my passwrod is 'wrong'
I'm not in their records, and when I try to register all over again I get back the original 'form' and series of replies!

HELP!

Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like your password XXXXX compromised and someone changed it and your email address.

You can try emailing Skype support directly at en_support at skype.net Use the @ sign for at

If that doesn't work unfortunately in order to get help from Skype you must login and use your password.

I would create a new account. Click on Don't have a Skype account under Skype name in Skype
Use a different email address.

Then log in here and ask your question about your previous account issues.

http://tinyurl.com/mkryw6
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANKS. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED SO I CAN 'ACCEPT' EVENTUALLY. HOPE THIS WORKS. IT ALL HAPPENED AS I WAS ATTEMPTING TO OPEN A SKYPE ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME, SO I DOUBT VERY MUCH IF SOMEONE COMPROMISED IT AND CHANGED MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AS I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF DOING IT!

DONALD P
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
ok let me know how you make out