Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

How do I correct the following javascript error message JavaScript

How do I correct the following javascript error message:

"JavaScript Application
Reference Error: b is not defined"

Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
If the following suggestions work, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Have you recently updated Firefox?

Before we go any further, I would suggest you use a program like Carbon Copy Cloner ( to create a restorable backup of your Hard Drive to an External Hard Drive. This free program will make a mirrored copy of your hard drive in it's current state that you can go back to if things go south after the following changes. I do this personally before I perform any kind of install, update or major change to my system.

You can start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem. Do this by holding the Option button down while starting up the program. In the popup window, disable all add-ons. If it starts without problems in SafeMode, then we know it is one of the add-ons causing the problems.

Go to the Tools Menu / Add Ons. Try to find which is causing it by Disabling everything, and enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You have to quit and restart Firefox after each change in order for it to take effect. This may take a while to narrow it down, so I suggest doing it in chunks.

Good Luck!