Matthew S
Matthew S, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  7 Years IT experience working in public and private sector. Cert 4 Client Support, Cert 4 Soft Apps
21588064

I CANNOT RETORE MY NEW IPHONE 3GS.GOES RIGT THROUGH RETORE

Customer Question

I CANNOT RETORE MY NEW IPHONE 3GS.GOES RIGT THROUGH RETORE PROCESS THEN COMES UP WITH ERROR 1013 ANY IDEAS ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Matthew S replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

If you're getting this error, then it means you're stuck in recovery mode.

What you will need to do is get your phone into DFU mode so iTunes can truly restore it.

You need to get into DFU mode so itunes can restore it correctly.

DFU Mode: Power phone off... hold power+home for 10 seconds... let go of power while continuing to hold home for an additional 10 seconds and BAM! DFU Mode Then restore to the stock apple firmware by plugging into iTunes and hit RESTORE.

If you are in recovery mode (iTunes logo with USB) then hold home for 5 seconds... then hold power while continuing to hold home for 10 seconds.. let go of power while continuing to hold home and THEN this will be DFU (Black screen).

This will allow you to restore the phone through iTunes and you should be good to go.