Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Hi I have a pdf file downloaded from website. It is a multi

Hi: I have a pdf file downloaded from website. It is a multi page document with both text and pictures. I want to burn it to a disk, so I can take it to have the document printed. I have a disk inserted, I have the file in a folder. When I select the burn disk in the burn manager, I cannot get the file highlighted. (Mac OS X version 10,4.11)

If you have a blank disk inserted and told the dialog to Open Finder, then simply drag the PDF to that window/disk icon on the Desktop.

You will see an Alias of the PDF in there (has a little curly arrow on the icon).

Now click Burn from File Menu or in the Toolbar of the Window. It will then make a disk with that file on it.

That's all. No need to highlight anything. You do it all in the Finder and no burn manager is needed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Mike: I open the Finder. The file is in the desktop folder. When I hightlight the file icon and then goto the file option, the Burn disk" option is not bold. I cannot select it.

When you wrote, "Drag PFD to window disk/ icon on the Desktop" what do you mean. That is the problem. I do not see any window disk, or CD icon, on the desktop. In other words, I inserted the disk, but it has no icon on the Desktop.

I am still confused. Frank

Is the disk still in the drive?

It may not have loaded properly.

Eject the disk and insert it again, but have the Finder in front. Click a Finder window.

When it is recognized, you should get a dialog box asking what you want to do with the disk with a few options. The choice you want is to Open Finder.

Look on the Desktop now or in the List on the left (sidebar) of the Finder window. You should now see an icon for the blank disk.

Drag that PDF file onto that icon and then you can Burn Disk.