Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I attempted to replace my operating system from tiger to leopard

I attempted to replace my operating system from tiger to leopard and when I fired up the g4 it asked for a user name and password. I tried to use the ones I have used in teh past but it doesn't recognizze them
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You don't have to use the Username and Password XXXXX install Leopard. You can just directly boot from the disks and upgrade into Leopard. Insert the Disk 1, restart your Mac and immediately hold down the C key. This should boot your Mac into the disk.

Before installing Leopard, make sure your system meets the minimum requirements of Leopard.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It didn't work. when i held the c key when it finally did fire up the name and password XXXXX came up and it produced "c"'s in the user name space
Restart your Mac and immediately hold down the Option key...keep it held down till the Startup Manager screen appears. From the Startup Manager screen select the cd and press return/enter.
Wait...don't give up. You can reset the Password XXXXX Tiger installation disks and then upgrade to Leopard.

• Start up from a Mac OS X Install disc. Usually, you can start from the disc by putting it in your computer, restarting, and holding the C key.
  • Choose Reset Password XXXXX the Installer menu
  • Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.Select the user name of your original administrator account
  • Enter a new password XXXXX Click Save.
  • Now try to upgrade into Leopard

Best Regards,