Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Sir, I have an eMac with 10.4.11. I want to download the software

Customer Question

Sir, I have an eMac with 10.4.11. I want to download the software to run a new Brothers Printer model HL 2140. When going to the site I got a message that I am attaching, and which I don't understand. Could you advise as to how to download the Brother's software to run a ML 2140 printer? I will try to attach the attachment.
Please give me an email number to mail a copy of the download literature.

Ware Adams, Chicago, Illinois. "[email protected]"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

Support for anything below OSX 105 Leoopard is not being offered on the current Brother tech support site or CD's shipped with their printers,however this archived site has the HL-2140 driver for OSX 10.4

Just download the file to yoru desktop and once downloaded double click it to run the setup and follow the prompts

Let us know if you have any issues

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX! I had actually gone to that site and sought to download; but to no avail. Previously, I had downloaded a software that was probably for Leopard. I did not download. Finally, I just trashed everything I could locate with Brother on it. So, when I downloaded after your call, it worked and worked well! I need the printer on Monday--can't thank you enough.
Another thing that puzzles me is that there is no iCon in Applications for this software, so it was hard to find to trash.
At any rate, the new printer works well.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I just learned of your availability this A.M., 1:43:16 CST in Chicago.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

Glad that worked for you.

I noticed you said you were looking for Safari,

And Opera

If you have any other issues let me know