Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

When I use ichat, I can see and transmit video, I can hear

When I use ichat, I can see and transmit video, I can hear the sound, but the person I am chatting with cannot hear me speaking. I checked sound on mac and it appears to be working, yet it is not transmitting. Any thoughts?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

When you checked sound settings, did you look at Output tab?

While in Output, did you test the Mic by speaking and seeing if the meter moved in the Output window?

Do you have a Headset you are using? If so, did you make sure it is set correctly? You will need to select both Input AND Output to that headset.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I did all of that, the meter works, but the person on the other end of ichat does not hear me, I am using the internal mike
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok,

Then have you tried with other users and see if they hear you?

Is this only one user?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I have tried multiple users, skype works, only ichat does not work
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hmmm.

Then I am unsure what is up with that.

What username account do you use? AIM or AppleID/AIM (yourname@mac.com/@me.com)?

My AIM is macmikey. You can try me with a voice chat and we can see if I hear you.

This is odd.
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting