Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I want to transfer information/files from my Omega back up

Customer Question

I want to transfer information/files from my Omega back up drive to a new Mac. I am trying to use Migration assistant but two things are happening. First, when I hook my new computer up to the Omega, the time machine starts backing up from my new computer so I am afraid it is erasing files (since there are none on my new computer). Second even though my computer is hooked up to omega, it doesn't show up as one of the Migration assistant options. How do I get Omega HDD to show up as one of my time machine options in Migration Assistant
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Go to the System Preferences (Apple Menu) and then click on Time Machine.

Click on the Select Disk button and then on the disk name itself. Click on Forget Disk / Stop Backing up.

Close that window and try Migration Assistant again.

Let me know,