Travis
Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati
22842276

I listen to WQXR New York on the classical list. They recently

I listen to WQXR New York on the classical list. They recently moved to another frequency. I can NOT get this station now! Have you been aware that they moved to another spot on the dial??? Please HELP because I am a blind person and I love that station and listen to it all the time. Can't get it here, except for iTunes! Love, Sarah Seiderman
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 4 years ago.
Sarah,
Thanks for trying out Just Answer.

I am trying to understand your question. Please provide us with a little more information so that I can better assist you or refer your question to an Expert that can.

If you are looking for a stream of WQXR that you can listen to on iTunes, it can be found online HERE. Beyond that, here is the information I found while trying to research your question.

WQXR moved to from 96.3 to 105.9 FM on October 8th. The new government run frequency does not offer the same reception as before. Because of this some listeners are now out of the range of the station. Through their website they offer some new options for listening to the station:

HD radio

If you have an HD radio, the HD2 channel of WNYC 93.9 FM will now carry WQXR. HD radios are digital devices that require no Internet connection and no monthly fee. If you were able to hear WQXR at 96.3 FM, or if you can tune in WNYC at 93.9 FM, this option should work for you. For more information on HD radio, please click here.

Live streaming to computers and mobile devices

WNYC and WQXR both broadcast 24 hours a day on their websites, www.wnyc.org and www.wqxr.org. Anyone anywhere in the world with a broadband Internet connection and good speakers can tune us in online. When you’re in your car or otherwise on the go, you can also receive our live stream on hand-held mobile devices such as the Blackberry or iPhone. For help with Internet streaming and public radio applications for your wireless device, please click here.

Internet radio

If you have an Internet connection at home, you can also listen to WQXR and WNYC with an Internet radio, a stand-alone device that can tune in thousands of free radio stations broadcast online. As with live streaming to computers and mobile devices, Internet radio completely eliminates the issue of signal range. WQXR has secured a discounted price on Internet radios for listeners who buy them through NPR. The radio comes with WQXR and Q2 (our web-only broadcast featuring contemporary classical music) as pre-set favorite stations. To purchase the radio from the NPR shop, click here.

If this answered your question, please let me know. If not, please let me know as well and I'll redirect this question to someone who may be able to better help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thank you for the information. I DO GET WQXR through your messagee! But I cannot simply retain your message and click on the "here" every time I want to listen to WQXR. How do I get the program on iTunes if it won't respond to my request, or, give me another way to get it. Thanks, Sarah
Expert:  Travis replied 4 years ago.
I am attaching the playlist link below.
Hold down Control, then click the link, it will allow you to scroll down to "Save link as...". Then save the link to your computer. It is a playlist file for iTunes to find the online stream.

The file will be called mp3.pls

Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience: 19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati