Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Trying to scan and save photo from canon mx700 to macbook

Customer Question

Trying to scan and save photo from canon mx700 to macbook pro.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

Are you able to scan earlier ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
leopard
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Okay...Which version ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does not say, but it is two years old. It is not snow leopard
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
There should be a version number like 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 or latest one is 10.5.8

Please goto Apple menu and select "About This Mac", you can see the version number in there..like Mac OS X 10.5.x
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mac Os X 5.7
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Connect your Canon MX700 via USB cable into your Mac. Then download and install this driver and Restart your Mac.

• Open Preview Application, In the File Menu, select the Import Image. The scanner will activates and you can scan now. (Open Preview from ~/Applications/Utilities/ or in ~/Applications/ folder)

• You can also use Mac's Image Capture application to scan images : More Info

(only click accept after it worked)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I get the image on Image Capture, but then cannot do anything with it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Try to update your OS using Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Upate

Download and Install 10.5.8 Combo Update from here

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Image will not save anywhere, the photo scans and shows up on screen, but I cannot mail it or do anything with it. When I click on the combo update--the apple server is down. It tried to download and after 18% froze and will not find the server. I checked and it is not on my end.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Did you tried to scan in Preview Application ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did get it to download, so now what do I do?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Just install it and restart your Mac...Then try to scan

Also try to scan in "Preview" application...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks! It says that I have 2 accepts, so I assume I am billed twice. That is fine, but if not, this is worth more than I originally signed-up to pay.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You're not billed twice, because you didn't accepted my answer yet. That accepts are made for the question that you asked earlier (The expert who helped you is Mike). I will only get paid if you accept my answer...

But remember, only Accept my answer after it worked. Let me know if my suggestion worked or not...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to leave and go to church. I will not be able to reboot and try until 7pm. my time, around 6 hours from now. How do I shut down my computer now and try it later----then get you paid?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
First add a bookmark of this page ,so that we can continue later...

Just shutdown your Mac from the Apple menu > Sutdown.... Remember, only accept my answer after it worked. (i don't want to waste your money if my answer not worked)

If my anwer worked or not, please reply and i have another suggestions to try..

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 10/3/2009 at 6:49 PM EST