By now you should be looking inside your new User Admin account.
What you need to do now is click on the Apple menu icon located in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences from the drop down menu.
Next, select Accounts pane in System Preferences.
• Click the Padlock on the left bottom corner of the screen
•this will open up Accounts for you.
• Now, once you are in you will locate the previous user account that you were
locked out of and now you are ready to delete it.
• you will now select that account and click the minus "--" button
located under the Login Options box
• this will then bring this pop up window into view.
• It is here, that you need to save your Home folder into a disk image
file (1st selection in list below)
When you have selected that radio button, you will then click theOk
• What will happen next, is that your newly deleted Account will now be
available to you in your Macintosh hard drive icon on your desktop.
Go into the Users folder and locate the Deleted Users folder:
• Click and open that folder and you will see:
• When you do see this file, that is the previous user account, as identified by the
user name which was used prior to deletion.
Let me know when you reach this point. If you have any questions at anytime during this 2nd phase, just let me know.