Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

when i try to instal os x panther on my imac through an external

Customer Question

when i try to instal os x panther on my imac through an external dvd drive it doesnt start the install just get the apple a loading gear and it gives me a circle slash and the disk stops spinning
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Can you tell me waht it says on the install disk you are trying to use?

Also which model is your iMac?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its an imac g3 600 slot loading the disk is an emac install recovery disk it was supposed to be the full retail panther but this is what i got on ebay i told them what i got and they swear it can be installed on my mac i made sure they knew i had an imac not emac too
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

I am going to opt out and see if another mac expert can jump in here as I have never tried to use an emac specific disk to load an iMac.

Just sit tight and someone will be with you shortly.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i dunno man i was told it would work and theyd make sure i got panther on my comp maybe ill have to make them give me an actual full version