Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Cant open iphoto, iphoto icon has changed to A . Attempted

Can't open iphoto, iphoto icon has changed to "A". Attempted to download cd of photos when this happened.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
HI,

When you go into the Applications folder, is there an iPhoto.app icon in there?

What version do you think you have of iPhoto/iLife?

Any backups like Time Machine or Backup?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is one that says iPhoto.app but it isn't the original icon and it won't open the program up.
Info says it Version 7.1.5
All my picture still seem to be in "My Picture" I"m sure I upgraded to iLife 08

I'm running os x 10.4.11 ..no time machine
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok,

The icon looks like the dock icon? An A icon?

When you try to open the icon in Applications folder, it does what? Opens, then quits? Never opens?
Bounces in Dock, but then stops, no error?

Any error messages? What exactly?

MIke
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It bounces but nothing happens, nothing opens
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Looking closer at the "A" icon, it is a ruler, a pencil and maybe a pen layed out it looks like an "A"
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok,

Do you have the original install disks for this Mac?

Or, the install disk for iLife?

We will have to throw that one out and maybe even pref files and install and update another one.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All I have is the original install disk.......I ordered iLife 08 on line from Apple.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you mean re-load all th apps again from the install disk and start over?

What is perf files?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

No, just iPhoto from Additional Installs or from the iLife disk.

Pref files is Preferences file. Where an application stores items you set or change in the program.

They can sometimes get corrupted.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting