Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hello i was wondering if you know if the epson sx600fw is

Customer Question

Hello
i was wondering if you know if the epson sx600fw is compatible with every type of mac ? i think i have read somewhere it only works with some mac software and i dont want to buy it and then find out my mac is one of them !!
Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell us what type of mac you are using?

The reason I ask is that if you are using OSX 10.4,5 or 6 it is a totally differnet answer from if you were using something like OS9.

Let us know

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have just been given the mac and dont have it with me here , so in short i havnt a clue !! but i can find out exactly the mac model tomorrow.

not really sure how this Q&A site works. shall i ask again tomorrow when i know what it is or is there a way of updating this communication with you in the morning?

Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

When you get a chance to check just come back to Justanswer.com and log back into your account and update theis thread and we can continue and hopefully get you an answer.

Or if you could give me an idea of how the machine physically looks I may be able to tell what you have, Such as it it a laptop or a desktop?

Does it have a flat panel display or is it an older CRT (looks like a TV) type of display?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, would prefer to pick up thread tomorrow if i can, rather than hazzard a guess from my vague description !!! thanks for your quick response. i'll just have to live in suspense a little longer ! Cheers

Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

No problem,

When you get to the machine just fire it up and then click the Apple icon on the top left of the top toolbar then click About this Mac and let us know what it says.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Eric,

i have now established the model and version of mac i have inherited ! but inadvertantly i think i may have also answered my own question!!

I now know that the epson sx600WF is suitable for use with the mini mac OS X v 10.5.2. Thanks for being there yesterday. If i can leave you any +ve feed back via 'just answer.mac' then i will, but for now the question is no longer valid.

Thanks

Alison

Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

No problem Alison,

Just glad you got it all worked out.

Thanks