Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

nothing left in any folder whatsoever i have emptied trash

nothing left in any folder whatsoever???? i have emptied trash by accident or something, I need to recover all my mail. nothing left in any folder whatsoever? can you help????
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan.
Before we get to that please tell me in detail what happened.
What version of Mac OS X you have?
Are you using Mail on the Mac for Gmail or webmail?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dan, Thank you for helping me. I use gmail. on a macbook. Mac OSX 10.5.8. I have always saved what I wanted saved in ALL MAIL I went through and labeled all that mail in an attempt to organize it. Thinking it was now in a "file" with the labels I organized it into, I deleted it to trash and then emptied trash. Gmail reprots it is now gone forever no matter what. can you help me recover it??? This is my entire mail life!!! photos, receipts, work,
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Was it saved into a folder on your Mac or on Gmail's site?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think the answer is no? It was put into gmails trash and then emptied. I had thought I was putting into folders but turns out they were just labels
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Then they are for sure gone if Gmail says so.
I notice that you have asked this question twice and are working with another expert. I think he will tell you the same thing.
There is nothing that can recover files that are deleted on a remote server with being at that server location and working on it directly. The chances are that even if you could be there and did that it has probably already been overwritten and non recoverable.
Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks, I had not heard back from him in over an hour thought perhaps i should try again. Yes, gmail says it is gone but they do not have tech support except online do it yourself. is it somewher onmy computer? my computer trash?
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
You can look in your trash and something may be there. If you know the folder name or what is in the folder as a search term try using SpotLight. If it is on your Mac Spotlight will find it.
More than that I fear that it is lost. I suggest for the future creating a folder on your desk top and save all email that you want to save to that. You can have as many subfolders as you like inside that main folder for separate categories.
You can also set Mail up (quite easily for Gmail) so that you are not depending on them to save it.
Let me know.
I am treating my sweet wife to dinner out so I will be gone for a couple of hours.
I can help you set Mail up for Gmail when I get back.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.