MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

Im looking for a vendor who will come to my house to help

Customer Question

I'm looking for a vendor who will come to my house to help me set up gear. I have a wireless laptop, a new DSL line, and a new HP printer. Can't get any of them to talk to each other. Can you refer me to a web site that recommends independent tech support people?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• If I may inquire, what city and state do you reside in?
• What is the brand and model# XXXXX your laptop?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry

Regards,

-Terry

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I live in San Francisco, in the Presidio Heights area. My son and I bought the laptop for my wife and I don't remember the model. I will look when I get home. It's about one year old; wireless and very thin. I am reasonable literate on PC, but way too old to be technologically savy. We bought the computer hoping my wife would go to the Apple store and learn how to use it. That didn't work. So, I am going to have to teach her. What I need now is somebody to get me set up and started with the basics of operating a Mac. I bought a booster (I know that is not the right name for it) to amplify the DSL, so she could use the machine anywhere in the house. My problem is that I can't get that booster to operate. The turkey from at&t who installed the DSL said he wasn't allowed to help me with that issue. I will try to send you the answer to the model question in an hour or two on my Blackberry.
Hello. I am just checking back in with you to find out if you have the specific model of laptop
available yet. I am only seeking that information in order to determine the best onsite services
to recommend to you per your request.

Once I know what model you have, I would also like to see if maybe I can guide you through your
Network setup myself.

So at your convenience, please reply back to this post and I will be more than happy to help you
As much as I possibly can.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your reply.

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm trying this for the third time. Hopefully, I will get thru. I live in San Francisco, northwest section of town. The laptop is a MacBookAir. I can't find a model # XXXXX it. I also have an AirPort Express, which will not function properly. I carefully followed the installation driections (about 40 times) and get a flashing yellow light.
Hi lbemonte1, I was waiting for your reply.

To locate the Model info that I would need for your Macbook as well as the version of
operating system here is what you do:
• Click on Apple menu icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen and from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window.

Once you have the version# XXXXX the operating system, then just look on that same page and you will see what the processor speed of your Macbook is.

That is all I would need regarding specs from your Macbook.

Also, are you ok with me trying to assist you with setting up your Airport network before contacting an onsite support tech or is the latter more preferred?

Thanks again, I will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I really think I need some on-site help to get the system to relate to the DSL and to get the printer set up. I went thru the setup of the AirPort multiple times with somebody who was fairly technologically literate. We read the instructions in excrutiating detail and all we got was a yellow flashing light.

I also have a location problem. I have a computer and server at my office. All I have at home is my Blackberry and the computer we bought for my wife, which obviously isn't working. So, I can't really communicate with you when I am at home because the Blackberry opens up your answer in such a fashion that it's really hard to follow.

Thanks for making that even clearer for me.

I have located 2 well establish Apple Authorized Service Providers in your area and both companies provide onsite services you are seeking. They cover from Palo Alto to the Surrounding Bay area (which includes you in SF). One is systeMacs and the other is Bay Area Computer Solutions.

I have provided their links below and here are there phone numbers:

graphic
Link to their website: systeMacs

Bay Area Computer Solutions:
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

1-650-887-4601 or 1-650-224-2472

Link to their website: Bay Area Computer Solutions

Please let me know if this helps. If not, just let me know and be glad to assist as much as I can.

Thanks for your patience and for hanging in there all this time with me.

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's perfect. Thank you.
ThanksCustomer I know it sure took long enough and I apologize for that.

I hope all works well for you with these services. If I can be of further service,
please feel free to just reply back to this post- always glad and ready to assist!

Best Regards,

-Terry