John P
John P, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  13+ Years of Exp, Mac and Apple Enthusiast

Will imovie 06 work with snow leopard

Customer Question

Will imovie 06 work with snow leopard?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John P replied 7 years ago.
It is supported and most users do not have any issues. Install, and if you have any problems, come back to this thread and I will walk you through it. Stills could be an issue as it reports as the biggest problem area in my database, but yet again, the majority of the users experienced no problems at all.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for getting back. I already went ahead and installed snow Leopard and it worked fine with imovie 06.

If I now install imovie 09 will it over write imovie 06. I would like to keep imovie 06.

Thanks again,

Expert:  John P replied 7 years ago.
It should not. The previous version is referred to as iMovie Previous Version. I've done this myself and can attest to the fact.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks. I hope you are right. When imove 08 came out I heard that it erased 06 and it had to downloaded again. imovie 06 is not available on-line any longer so I hope I don't lose it.

I am grateful fo your help. I will go ahead and install Imovie 09.

Expert:  John P replied 7 years ago.
If you have a problem, I have an extensive test environment and I'll work with you through it. I have iMovie 06 and 09 running on my Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.