Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field

When I insert a blank CD, everything is ok, and I can copy

When I insert a blank CD, everything is ok, and I can copy music. When I insert a CD with music or anything on it, I hear a couple of clicks and a whirr, then the CD kicks out again. What can I do? As it is, I can't install anything with a CD.
I have a Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Please use a lens cleaning kit on the disc drive and then restart it and test with a cd again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know what a lens cleaning kit is or how to get to the disc drive. It's just a slot on the right side of my monitor.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
A lens cleaning kit you can get at any computer or electronics store and it is similar to a cd you insert it into the slot and it cleans the lens for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll go out and buy a lens cleaning kit now. Can I keep this communication going until I get back and try it?
What's the procedure now? I'd like to clear this problem up as soon as possible.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
please bookmartk or favorite this page and then let me know the results
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry to keep you so long, but the local "Best Buy" where I think I can get the lens cleaning kit doesn't open until 10 am. It's only 9:10 am here. I'll bookmark you and get back to you in an hour or so. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
no problem take all the time you need
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I cleaned the drive with a laser disc cleaner. It still didn't work, so I bought an external drive, and that works. It remains a mystery (some things do), but I'd like to pay you for your time, anyway.
Please respond.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
To pay me all you need to do is click on the accept button
I appreciate it and if you need any firther help please let me know
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience: Years of experience in the IT field