Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

my macbook air has seemed to run out of memory... I have restarted

Customer Question

my macbook air has seemed to run out of memory... I have restarted it a few times but it seems locked on iCal and i cant close these programs... I want to move files off to a extrenal drive but it wont let me because it seems to be trying to access iCal... how do I unlock the mac or is there a way to shut down programs that are locking up the computer?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

When you start up the Air, iCal automatically runs and then you get locked out?

Or is it you cannot restart because iCal will not let it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Mike,

After the start up all the applacations that automatically open start up. I can clear them all by pressind the red dot in the corner except ical Alarm which when i move my mousse over it, it shows the spinning colour circle.. and i can not move or open anything else... its like its waiting for this to open before it will let me do anything...

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Ok, can you check the Dock and make sure all the applications are not showing a Dot under the icons?

Can you open iCal, open and find that date and delete that entry? If it is gone, iCal Alarm will not load.