Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

My new R2880 printer worked great with Mac OSX 10.5.8 just

Customer Question

My new R2880 printer worked great with Mac OSX 10.5.8 just like my older R1800. I boought this new printer so it would work with 'snow leopard. It does not. iMac system preferences recognize the printer and printer jobs do reach the queue but nothing prints now that I installed Snow Leopard. I have done what you have suggested. A icon in my dock says the printer is not registered with Epson. I registerred it the day or day after I purchased at Precision Camera in Austin.
I have registerd this printer with Epson 3 times. the Dock icon continues to say I am not registered.
It's 12:30 am and I am angry and frustrated. I belive that the failure of the printer to work is Epson's problem and not Apple's because the thing to be printed does reach the queue.
My printer serial # XXXXX My printer is product C11CA16201. My OS X is 10.6.1.
Leave me a helpful message. I'm going to bed!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Make sure to check it is using a driver for that Printer. Snow Leopard installs all of them IF the Printer was connected and online at the time of the upgrade. If not, then it has to be installed from a Download (choose the top item) or by running the Printer/Optional Installer on the Snow Leopard disk.

After that, let's Reset the printing system and install the Printer again and make sure it is loading the correct driver(s) for it to actually Print.

Go to your Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.

Click on Print & Fax Pref icon.

Hold CONTROL key down on keyboard and click in the white area under the Printer name(s) in the list on the left side. A menu will popup.
graphic

Release the CONTROL key and use the cursor to choose Reset printing system...

Let it work and then close the window and restart the Mac.

When the Finder loads, go back to Print & Fax and see if the Printer has been loaded again. If not, click the +Plus sign and add it back in.

Here is Epson's Snow Leopard Support page for your Printer.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting