Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

I need help on My Mac. I just upgraded my laptop to 10.5 leopard,

Customer Question

I need help on My Mac. I just upgraded my laptop to 10.5 leopard, and went to open the server the first time but my name and password XXXXX working. I thought I remembered it right, but may be not....

what can I do from here to get this opened up?

thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomerand thanks for using justanswer.com

You mentioned server in your question.

Are you logging into a server?

Is this the log in box that appears after you start your computer?

thanks for the info.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it's the box that appears when I turn on the computer asking for name and password. The name and password XXXXX not working, I'm thinking I must not have remembered the right name or password. Now what can I do?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
O ok no problem

You will need your Leopard disk to change your password.

Place your installation Disk into your drive

• Restart your Mac

• As soon as you hear the Apple Chime, press the "C" key on your keyboard
and hold it.

• You will see a White Screen, Grey Apple first, do not release the C key until you
see a Spinning gear.

• Once you see that Spinning gear, release your C key and allow the disc to
continue loading

- RESETTING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD-

• When the booting to the Mac OS X disc is completed, you will now be in the
Installer environment

• Enter to next page, look up on upper left corner you should see "Installer" near
the Apple menu.

• Two spaces over you should see Utilities. Click Utilities>Reset Password.

• Select your user name from the drop down list and reset your password.

• When you are done, simply exit the Reset Password XXXXX Installer and reboot.

• At the Login window, enter your new password XXXXX you should be all set.