Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Im using Mac powerbook G4 10.4.11, iphoto 7.1, and I was

Customer Question

I'm using Mac powerbook G4 10.4.11, iphoto 7.1, and I was uploading photos from my Nikon D80, the D80 Battery went dead during this process, iphoto said it could not automatically delete photos and named some dsc file numbers, so I quit and checked the camera after charging it, all photos were still there, now iphoto will not open. I am in Costa Rica taking photos of the rain forest and such, I would like to email these to my friends, as well as enjoy them once I've finished each tour. I do not have my ilife software with me. Any ideas? I deleted my plist, I have tried opening application using command and option keys, I have repaired my permissions, nothing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Have you tried moving the Library out of Pictures folder and then open iPhoto?

Does it open now?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Doesn't work
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, here's how I solved the problem. I downloaded the latest iphoto free update and installed (reinstalled?) it and everything works fine. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Glad to hear it is working.