Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

hello, my husband and I have run into a problem. We created

my husband and I have run into a problem. We created a wedding iphoto book and planned to have it published by Apple. We weren't able to chose page cover designs or designs for inside pages, but we did get it layed out just the way we wanted it. When we clicked the button to buy, we were told we needed Ilife. After purchasing iLife we found out our operating system (OS X.10.4.11) is too old and we would need to upgrade to Leopard. But then the next hitch was, our computer needs an intel chip and our computer is too old to upgrade it. The question then is can we save our iphoto book layout to a disc and take it somewhere that has Leopard and have them send it to Apple for us?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan.
I am really surprised that Apple would do that to you and am disappointed in Apple.
Yes, what you propose to do is indeed possible. Save as the complete project and as an album, I would also include the originals.
When you import to the new iPhoto it will become an event which then (with this new iPhoto is pretty easy and you may be able to choose options not possible before) can be sent and published just as though it were your iPhoto.
On behalf of the Mac community (not Apple) I apologize for that treatment.
Should you need further assistance with this just reply to this thread.