Travis
Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati
22842276

how do I delete a template in the gallery in word for mac.

how do I delete a template in the gallery in word for mac..
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
Which version of Word are you using?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Word 2004 for Mac 11.5.5

Travis, I need to leave right now. If you need further help please email [email protected] I can look at my email on my phone so I should be able to get back to you in short order.

Thanks,

Curt
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
Easy fix, shut down Office.

Go to Applications / Microsoft Office 2004 / Templates / My Templates.

Move whatever you want to delete to the desktop.

Restart Office. Are the templates you want removed gone? If so, you can delete the templates you moved to the desktop.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Travis,
I did as you instructed and when I click on my templates nothing shows up. The box is blank.

If I open word, click on project gallery and click on my templates the templates are listed.

Any other suggestions?

Curt
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
How did you create the templates in Word? I am assuming you saved as a template? These template files may have been saved into a different directory.

If so, let's do a computer wide search for the following:

.dot

This is the extension for Word Templates. What did the search find? If you were able to find your templates you want to delete on the search, move them to the trash but do not delete. Remember where each came from in case you need to move back if this doesn't work. In fact you may want to back them up on an external drive first just in case.

Once the .dot files in question are in the trash, restart the computer. Now restart Word. Are they still in the Gallery?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Travis,

The info you provided did not work, but it gave me enough of a start to find a way to accomplish what I wanted done.

Thanks,

Curt