Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

Why does my MAC OS X screen turn pink when I turn the monitor

Why does my MAC OS X screen turn pink when I turn the monitor on and how can I fix it? Thank you. Sharon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

Try this video correcting procedure:

Press the power button if the computer is off or restart and immediately hold the

Command Option P R keys

keep holding these keys until you hear 3 startup chimes, then let go. You should then startup normally.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have done that and it does not help the pink. The computer starts with no trouble - its the pink screen after it starts thats the problem. Thank you
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
Startup from your operating system install/restore disk. Insert the CD, press the power button and hold down the C key to start up from the CD.

Let go of the C key when you see the Apple logo.

Click next when you get to the language selection screen, after that at the top of the screen there will be a Utilities menu. Click that then click Disk Utility, click your hard drive then click Repair.

All the time this procedure is going on, see if the screen looks the way it should color wise. If it looks pink there is a hardware problem and not software.