Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

What would it cost for apple to replace the motherboard (I

What would it cost for apple to replace the motherboard (I have the new one) on my Mac G5 tower?

That question should have been answered by the person you spoke to at Apple. I have no access to their pricing, but I believe it is a minimum of 95.00 per hour.

Also, do you mean you have the board and you want them to put that board in? Or you wan them to supply the board as well? Pretty sure they (official Apple Store Geniuses) will not install anything not supplied to them from Apple.

However, a Service Provider may very well do that for you on a labor only basis. That you will have to explore on your own by finding a dealer or two in your area, not Apple Store(s), and asking what their labor cost would be to install a use supplied part into a Mac G5 tower. Most shops are in the 50.00 to 90.00 range for in-house repairs.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have the board and I want them to put it in and take the old one out.

Apple Store most likely will not do that.

I would look for the Service Provider instead and ask them to do it and get a price for the labor from them and don't bother with Apple Stores.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Mike!
No problem.

Thanks for using Just Answer.