Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

Hello. I have a Powermac G4 thats fairly old running OS 10.3.9.

Hello. I have a Powermac G4 that's fairly old running OS 10.3.9. I've been given an iPod 120gb Classic as a gift.
Obviously I need at least OS 10.4.8 to make my iPod work. Is there any way I can add extra memory to my old and creaking machine to allow me to use the iPod?
I've tried downloading Tiger but when I try to install it I'm informed that it's impossible.
Please help, I can't afford a new Mac!

Which speed PowerMac G4 doe you have and how much memory do you have? You can find this out by clicking the Apple logo in the upper left corner and click About This Mac.

Also, if you'd like me to point you to a website that has used Macs for well below Apple's new priced Macs, let me know. I know a couple of good ones.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Cheers, chap.
CPU speed is 400 MHZ and memory is 448 MB which I'm guessing is not great, though I'm still hopeful of improving my current Mac.
If you think this is unfeasible, send the links, do.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, it's been a blast. Most helpful.
You're welcome. Thanks for the accept.