Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

On my ipod touch using Safari to reach Baracksteleprompter.blogspot

Customer Question

On my ipod touch using Safari to reach Baracksteleprompter.blogspot website the page appears and toward the end there is an overwrite of what looks like programming data. I cant get rid of it. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

I went there on my iPhone and saw nothing like what you are seeing so let's try to figure out what it is.

Does the entire page look normal until the very end, where there is a picture?

Do you see the picture down there?

What version of iPod software are you using currently? 2.1? 3.0?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is an IPOD not Iphone...version2.2.1. The page looks normal with pictures until almost to the end when the overwriting appears along the left side. The first line is User - agent. second line is Allow:/searchhistory/ followed by subsequent Allow and disallow statements. This only happens on this website. In addition, everything else like scrool etc works but I can not get comments. The page looks normal except for the overwrite. Thanks Mike, I hope you can help me.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I realize this is an iPod, they use the exact same software.

Have you considered upgrading to the 3.0 version that is out now?

I don't have anything to offer. It just seems to be a limitation of Safari to use that site. in the 3.0 version, Safari renders it just fine.

Can't say there is anything I can do because it is the design of the site, not your iPod (except for Safari not showing it correctly) that is causing this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The thing is, it worked fine until recently and safari works well on other sites.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I understand that. But think about it.

What has changed? Your iPod still runs fine with other sites, you have reset it and cleared caches, no change.

So, the only thing that most likely did change is the site itself.

Web site designers are constantly updating and upgrading their websites to be better, faster, have more fatures.

Web browsers, if they are updated as well to take advantage of those features and upgrades, stay in step with the designers.

But the Safari on your iPod has not been updated beyond version 2.1 of the iPhone OS. So if the site changes something that the OS on your iPod does not recognize, then it fails to render it properly.

So that's my opinion on this. I feel that since it renders fine on my iPhone with 3.0 software, it will also render fine on your iPod. It is the exact same software.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK Mike..Thanks. I did upgrade to 3 and that fixed the problem...
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Great to hear that.

I thought it would.

If you need anything else, please come back and ask.